Sign in to follow this  

device lost

This topic is 3663 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello. First of all, I made a game menu filled with buttons pictures textboxes etc. and they are in full screen mode. I built those classes on vertex buffers, texturing and font drawing using C# and the directx sdk. I'm having a problem with the device lost so when I minimize and restore the game for the first time the items appear but when i do it the second time they don't appear at all. Its a little bit weird but thats what happened although when i stop using the vertex buffer for drawing, the game works fine when device lost. For example when i use the font drawing alone in the game without any vertex buffer the game restores fine after several minimization. I'll send the code by your request if you want because its big and i can't take portions of it but in general losing device while using vertex buffer is causing the problem. I'm waiting an answer for what i did wrong in this application. thanks in advance...

Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
Are you using the debug runtimes? They'll tell you exactly what the problem is via messages in the debug output window.

actually yes i'm using the debug runtime but because of the try and catch used in the device lost, the second time lost device is never reset correctly although i tried this on several pc but its still the same. And one more thing, the objects of buttons and textboxes exist after the second restore. Thats because when i have a black screen after the second restore and i click on the position of any button, the button event is handled which means they are still there and not removed but the problem is with rendering.

This topic is 3663 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.