Sign in to follow this  

3d mesh reconstruction from 2d contours

This topic is 3667 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone! This is my first post and I hope I'm not breaking any rules... I'm working on a program that's supposed to build a 3d mesh from a set of cat scan images, by extracting it's contours (usin opencv); that much is simple! I currently have all the relevant contours extracted and for each frame, i.e. a list of contour lines for every frame/image. By drawing the contours as line loops (GL_LINE_LOOP) I can see that the contours are ok. Building the mesh, that's another thing! I have the centroids for each region/contour, as well as it's bounds in the XoZ axis; by this I mean the minimum and maximum values of X and Z coordinates for each contour. Y is always the same for a given frame. I started using simple aproaches to match each contour to another one above it, through centroid proximity and bound intersection,but the result hasn't been so good... If someone could give me a hand or point me in the right direction, that would be great; most stuff I see on the web I need to pay for! Sorry if the english isn't too good... Thanks in advance

This topic is 3667 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.