Sign in to follow this  

Help developping Fighting game

This topic is 3668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm just getting into game programming and know very little about it. I want to make a fighting game like street fighter but more along the lines of a side scrolling adventure game. Kinda like Ragnarok Battle Offline. Where can I find information to do this?

I know it's tempting to go for your dream games right off the bat. But, you will soon notice that making a game of the scale your suggesting isn't an easy task.

My advice is to pick up a language and just start making small programs. Maybe a text adventure game, or a tetris clone.

yeah I've already begun my tetris clone. I've been reading up on C++ and have a good basic understanding of it. I just wanted to pick up a book to start reading as soon as possible and continue to learn as I continue to develop games. Do you know of any?

I already have Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX. But I'm looking for something to read that's more specific to what I'm looking for

If you think you understand C++ pretty well, I strongly suggest that you should pick up one good 2D engine and start to make your game. The good things to use 2D engine are the development speed and good for beginner programmer(because it help you to focus more on game rather than a lot new stuff to learn in order to make 2D game).

This topic is 3668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.