[SOLVED] suggestions on building event mechanism in allegro

Started by
1 comment, last by Odiee 16 years, 4 months ago
System: VisualStudio 2003/C++ Hi. I'm trying to build event-driven mechanism in allegro. I had in mind to build EventManager thread object witch would process any specified event. But I can't use CreateThread or WaitForMultipleObjects because that functions are specified in "windows.h" and If I try to include it, the BITMAP struct specified in allegro will collide with windows-one. Any idea on how to build event-mechanism without win32 thread functions? Or at least how to fix this BITMAP collide error? I'm using standard win32 console project and I had to

#define USE_CONSOLE
to get rid of "error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup" linker error. [Edited by - Odiee on December 5, 2007 2:57:24 AM]
Advertisement
I have been using this library lately, and let me tell you, it is fast as advertised. It is also really easy to use. Take a look at the examples and see if could work for you.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.
The problem is solved by including <winalleg.h> after including <allegro.h>
this gives access to all win32 thread specific functions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement