Sign in to follow this  

Looping in FMOD

This topic is 3667 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry if this is a nub question, but I seem to be having some difficulty in getting this to work. I'm trying to set up looping points inside a sound. It's an mp3. I'm initializing the FMOD system with FMOD_INIT_NORMAL I've loaded up the sound with FMOD_DEFAULT | FMOD_SOFTWARE | FMOD_LOOP_NORMAL Now I'm trying to set the StartPoint and the EndPoint for looping. My question is, should I be looping the FMOD::Channel or the FMOD::Sound? Also, are those the appropriate flags for enabling looping just a portion of a sound file? I read the included FMOD help file forward and backward with no real further clarification on the subject. It seems pretty straightforward but I can't seem to get any looping of the portion of the song. I can get the entire song to loop, but not the designated portions? Oh yeah, I'm also using FMOD_TIMEUNIT_MS for the looping unit measurements. Oh one more thing, I've tried setting the parameters for the start and end point to be incorrect (ie. I set the START point to be GREATER than the END point) and the return value was still FMOD_OK . . . I don't get it. I'm using version 4.08.09 of FMOD. If anyone could help me, or at least post some sample code of how to loop only a portion of a sound file . . . I'd GREATLY appreciate it. This problem seems too simple for me to dedicate a post to, but . . . you all know how it is when you're spinning tires . . . Thank you all!

This topic is 3667 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.