Promote your game or site for free (text and image ads)

Started by
11 comments, last by mjb5791 16 years, 4 months ago
Hi All, I wanted to tell you about the service that I've been working on for game developers (and web publishers in general), Wointz.com. Wointz allows small publishers to create text ads and graphic ads and have them displayed on sites in our network for free. We have a number of game sites signed up already (terraclues.com, wagglezone.com, midnightgamer.com etc...), so you have the perfect target audience. Wointz is quite versatile and allows you to: - Create text ads and graphic ads of various sizes - Ad rotation service so that you can rotate your own ads on your site - Tracking system to track your ad impressions and clicks on your ads - Ad delivery system based on a points system that scales according to the ad sizes displayed. With the point system, we have extremly high ad display ratios, as high as 9 of your ads displayed for every 10 ads you show. You'll never find this high a ratio with other systems which are based solely on impressions and will only show your ads for every 2 you show. If you have a game or are recruiting talent to create a game, please consider signing up with Wointz.com and promote your site with professional advertisements. The service is completely free, with no obligations. You really have nothing to lose, so why not give it a try? http://www.wointz.com Thanks and regards, Mike
Advertisement
One thing I forgot to mention... If anyone takes the time to check out the site, I would appreciate any feedback that you may have to offer. The site is still in beta mode and I have a fairly big to-do list of features that I want to add. Feedback from visitors helps prioritize items on the list.

Thanks,
Mike
Hey Mike,
I'm trying it out, but tentatively.

I like the choice of ad sizes. More flexible than AdSense.

It'd be a lot more reassuring if I knew that I wasn't the only one in your network. I guess statistics will tell me over time how much your ads are generating, but since you're still in beta, I can't imagine that I'll be getting much traffic from you?

Right now the only ads showing up on my site are ads for, well, Wointz. Which seems odd to me.

Cheers,
--Brian
Hi Brian,
I really appreciate the feedback. You are not the first one to join the site, but it is still in its very early stages. Right now, there are about 10 sites on board. How did you find the user interface?

The one issue I'm struggling with is the fact that since there are so many different ad sizes, not many of the sites are using the same sizes. This is the reason why you are only seeing the one advertisement on your site at the moment, none of the other participants have created an ad for that particular size. I knew this is something that I would have to struggle with early on and that it would become a none issue as the user base grew. I really didn't want to restrict the number of ad sizes since this is what some of the users really like. What I think I will have to do is allow more of the ad sizes to show text ads.

To maximize your ad impressions, here are the following ad sizes that are the most popular from a user hosting stand point, other than the one that you are using

Medium banner 468x60
Small skyscraper 120x240
Small button 120x60

I would suggest that you create some image ads for those sizes. If you need help with the image ads, our graphic designer may be able to put some together for you for free.

Thanks again for the comments,
Mike
Mike,
The interface was good. I had no problem finding what I was looking for. Though I do find the point system somewhat confusing. Maybe a better description? I'm not sure when my points get used (for instance, last night I had 500+, this morning I have 7).

Would you mind talking to your graphic designer? I attempted to make some image ads, but everything I created turned out like rubbish. :-)

Cheers,
--Brian
Hi Brian,
I'll talk to my partner about making some ads for you. Do you have any particular theme that you would like him to stick with? Any graphics to use as a starting point? If not, he is very creative and can come up with something quite nice if we just give him freedom to do whatever comes to mind.

Regarding the points, are you referring to the point total in the top title bar? That point total refers to the total number of unused points (I think I'll spell this out more clearly). The reason why your point total dropped from 500 to 7 is because 493 points were spent showing ads for your site on other sites. If you go to the statistics section, it will show you the full breakdown. If I'm completely off base and misinterpreted your question, let me know.

Regards,
Mike
Mike,
You nailed my question, thanks.

Give your artist total freedom. I'm not artistically minded, so any 'guidance' I provided would likely miss the mark.

Cheers,
--Brian
Brian, I've sent the info to my partner. Give him some time and he should have something ready for you. I'll send files to the email address you registered with.

Has anyone else had a chance to check out the site? There are plenty of people who have read the thread, but only one comment... I would really appreciate additional feedback.

Thanks,
mike
It would have been nice if you could see examples of the ads directly on wointz.com (maybe on the page with banner sizes?) or the site had direct links to other sites with the ads. That way it would be easier to see how it will look on other sites.
how do you finance the site given that use of the service is free?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement