Sign in to follow this  

Game only loads on my PC, on another PC it just hangs at loading

This topic is 3664 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been working on this game for a bit and recently I sent a copy to a friends PC and had him try and run it. Apparently it just gets stuck at a white screen on his PC. On mine it loads fine. He has all the neccesary runtimes installed too so whatever is causing the hanging is a mystery to me. I uploaded it for others to try: http://rapidshare.com/files/74473615/game.zip.html Right now there are two versions of the exe, one shows tonnes of message boxes (after every step of the loaidng it pops up a messagebox, theres about thirty in total before the game starts) the other runs without showing any messageboxs. But basically I'm not sure whats causing it to not load on his PC, I'm not getting any warnings or errors at compile time, just compiling and sending the exe (from the debug folder) over. For the record I did run it directly from the exe on my PC and it worked fine, it isn' an issue with assets as far as I can tell. Im kind of stumped, I'm compiling on vista and my friends PC is XP but I don't think that should matter...

Hi chillypacman, I've had a similar experience as where GDI would not draw graphics on an XP SP2 machine. I looked through windows updates, and saw that there was a hotfix for GDI. After patching it up, the program worked as intended.

So why this might be a whole different problem than yours, you might want to do some updating in order to at least rule that out, if you haven't already.

Quote:
Original post by Nunyah
Hi chillypacman, I've had a similar experience as where GDI would not draw graphics on an XP SP2 machine. I looked through windows updates, and saw that there was a hotfix for GDI. After patching it up, the program worked as intended.

So why this might be a whole different problem than yours, you might want to do some updating in order to at least rule that out, if you haven't already.

Unfortunately that can't be it because I'm fairly certain my friends PC is fully up to date.

This topic is 3664 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.