Poor Game making fellow

Started by
26 comments, last by ilcamnim 16 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by ilcamnim
thats fine, but you know you tried to upset me on purpose, so you need the better attitude

You talking to me? Because for the first time in this thread, a third person stepped in and said something to you. Up until then, it was just me helping you.
I fail to see what I did to "try to upset you," because all I did was point you to articles that contain the answers to your questions. Then I even said:
"Those articles tell you everything you need to know about the very difficult thing you are attempting to do. I wish you the best of luck."
Looks to me like the only thing I did to "upset you" was to not follow your link and look at your game. I don't follow people's links for them. It wasn't personal.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Advertisement
If you want people to check out your game/demo, you should post screenshots. Or links to screenshots. If those screenshots are not nice enough, you should give people reason to play it... tell something about its ultimate ai, realistic physics with ragdoll simulation, hyper fun retro feeling etc.

I'm always interested playing/trying out something new, pretty, exiting, or inspiring. But like most of us, I have a job and a ton of my own projects, so I rarely follow any blind links.
its my thread so i can cry if i want to :P
God bless you all, good bye.
http://urangatang.com/freesites/goldenage.htm there is my site, you can find links to the demo and in game rendering of some characters. go to the site if you don't want to try the demo then, oh well. like i said it's my thread and i'll cry if i want too :P, god bless you all, good bye
Dear ilcamnim,
Regardless of the "attitude chat",
I saw your game and I just have to state my opinion so you don't hurt yourself.
Making games is fun and can be a nice hobby, but as you said yourself, you are just starting out.
So you shouldn't have your expectations too high.
I am not saying you shouldn't try, but generally [not always], the first attempts are fun but don't make it too far.
So don't run and copyright your game - I would suggest thinking of how you can improve it and make it look more professional.
About people stealing your ideas, don't worry about it at this stage, this forum is filled with people who have tons of ideas but no work done.

As for your game,
it looks like something I could play but I would still put my money on a game with higher budget. Take the 2D Raptor game for example.

Best of luck and keep on improving your skills,
In order to become an expert you first need to be a beginner, just don't expect to
success right away.
The Department of Next Life - Get your Next-Life Insurance here!
Quote:Original post by ilcamnim
its my thread so i can cry if i want to :P

That's an angry face, not a sad face. As I type this, I see a couple different angry face icons to choose from but no sad face icon. Guess part of the problem is the paucity of facial expressions to choose from.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

To every one thanks for replying. I listened and i switched the resolution to 800x600, bigger isn't always better, who knew? but it looks alot sharper now, also im gonna make the complete game available at yoyogames.com
Give it a chance you can level up and earn two new modes of play after winning.
also the samurai bosses are fun to fight and "gun head is pretty cool.
The name of the game is Hyper invasion. Thanks again every one.
thanks again tom i'm keeping your site on my favorites, i put this as a game description: retro space shooter with level up capabilities and unlockable modes of play. you can get the full game at: http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/22248#
i hope you'll like it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement