Sign in to follow this  

DX and C# and Movies

This topic is 3660 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been looking for ways to play movies in my application. My particular application needs to play MP4 videos. The end user machines will all have the CCCP codec pack installed (so WMP can play MP4s among some other formats). I found a code example that states using DX9's AudioVideo namespace classes to play AVIs. My question is will this also work for MP4s? I don't have the means to try it on this computer. Will it be able to play any format for which there is codec installed? If not how do I access the codecs, and get each frame? For the initial release it is enought that I only get the visual without the audio. Thanks for your help as always, ~FenixRoA

Anyone who bothered to read this post must have been laughing at me. It was SO easy. Figured it out after downloading the SDK for 5 mins.

For those interested in how it would work:

Add a reference to Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback

Make a Form and within the form:

Create an instance of 'Video' class passing the constructor the name of the file to be played.

Set .Fullscreen to false and .Owner to 'this'. instance.Play().

That easy. The video class looks pretty straight forward, and whatever codecs are needed begin right away when you start the video.

Sorry to have wasted your time,
~Fenix

This topic is 3660 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.