What kind of games might this system run?

Started by
2 comments, last by Megaman_22 16 years, 4 months ago
I'm about to buy a laptop. it will be more for work than games so I went easy on the power in favor of a low price, but out of curiosity I want to know exactly what kind of games I will be able to run. So heres the important hardware info: Model: Vostro 1500 Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5270 (1.4GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache) Memory: 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 DIMM Hard Drive: 160GB 5400RPM Hard Drive Video Card: 128MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS This comp would be good for playing games released in around what year?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
Advertisement
i would say it would be safe with games made in 2005 or so, any later than that and they really start getting CPU heavy. since its a dual core though you might be able to get away with some newer games. obviously Crysis is out of the question though. i spent $3500 on a computer and am still not able to play crysis at a reasonable frame rate.
Quote:Original post by moose517
i would say it would be safe with games made in 2005 or so, any later than that and they really start getting CPU heavy. since its a dual core though you might be able to get away with some newer games. obviously Crysis is out of the question though. i spent $3500 on a computer and am still not able to play crysis at a reasonable frame rate.

Hmmm, your date sounds about right. However the comment about Crysis: i'm running on a 900 dollar custom built rig and I can run Crysis at 35fps on high.
I imagine you could run Half-Life 2 and all the other stuff based on it, although you might have to turn down the graphics a bit.

There's always Civ II, SimCity 2000, and one of my personal favorites, Close Combat 2, if that doesn't work out for ya.
Eric Richards

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement