Logic for 2d fighting game

Started by
0 comments, last by shotgunnutter 16 years, 3 months ago
Hey all. Im new to the forum and new to game development too. I wanted to ask a question about resources. I'm developing a 2d fighting game and I've just about finished the character animations, but Im really intimidated about the idea of programming the game itself. I was wondering if anybody knows any good books, guides or articles about developing a 2d fighting game. It's more the logical process I need assistance with, because I have so many questions about how to go about it (ie. priorities, collision detection, A.I. etc). Im using Multimedia Fusion to create the game itself, so I don't need to know about programming as such, so a good guide on any platform would be useful and I've already got a good book for using Multimedia Fusion (Power users guide to windows development). I have had a look for the resources links from this page, but I couldn't seem to find anything appropriate. Any help at all would be fantastic. Thanks
Advertisement
Keep it in the back of your mind while you get the rest of the game working. Set up a system where the character has an animation for each type of attack, and the player can control the character. Here is some information about finite state machines, which you may find useful as a starting point.

Collision detection is often the most complex part of game development. In this case, you need a rough representation of the positions of each body part of the characters, and when a contact occurs you can deal "damage" to the other characters.
I just wanted to see if he would actually do it. Also, this test will rule out any problems with system services.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement