Games in .Net

Started by
11 comments, last by Gage64 16 years, 3 months ago
Only if it's 3D chess [smile]. Otherwise, you can just use Windows Forms and GDI+ for the graphics.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Sivaatzenith
Thanks for both Gage and Shiny,
Both directx and XNA are too large to download from net. So asked for my company to get the CD of any of those. I just wanted to do some games in .net during my free time. Infact I have developed a simple game called hangmann in C#. Today I atleast learnt what are the pre requistes for a game applications. Once again Thanks a lot to both of you. Hope to get back to u soon.

Cheers,
Sivaatzenith

If you just want to play around with .net/C# in your spare time you can build quite a number of games just using simple winforms and pictureboxes without resorting to more time consuming api's like XNA,DirectX,etc.
This will give much needed experience when tackling larger and more complicated games that do use XNA.
As a matter of fact Microsoft already provided a some starter kits including some basic games like blackjack that just use winforms and no advanced stuff.
Well it looks like MS did a good job of hiding it since they are pushing XNA now but you can still download it here.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Forgot to mention - SDL.Net is also a great option for developing 2D games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement