Sign in to follow this  
HollyMatrix

probelm with my new Graphic Card (NVIDIA...)

Hi i have created a directX application that works fine with my integrated graphic card. now i have a new Graphic card (NVidia 7300 GT). but when i run the same project i get an InvalidCallException when i try to get the World Matrix Matrix matrix = _device.Transform.World; ErrorCode = -2005530516 ErrorString = "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL" in the call stack window of VS 2005 i have this : Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll!Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.GetTransform(Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.TransformType state, int* result) + 0x137 bytes Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll!Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.GetTransform(Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.TransformType state) + 0xb bytes Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll!Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Transforms.World.get() + 0x10 bytes > DXEngine.dll!DXEngine.ObjectManager.Render() Line 61 + 0x1f bytes C# DXEngine.dll!DXEngine.World.Render() Line 266 + 0xd bytes C# DXEngineUI.dll!DXEngineUI.DXView.DXView_Paint(object sender = {DXEngineUI.DXView}, System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e = {ClipRectangle = {X=0,Y=0,Width=788,Height=490}}) Line 45 + 0xd bytes C# System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e) + 0x57 bytes System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e = {ClipRectangle = {X=0,Y=0,Width=788,Height=490}}, short layer, bool disposeEventArgs = false) + 0x5b bytes ...........

Any chance you're using a pure device?

From The DirectX SDK:

Quote:
Use the D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE flag during device creation to create a pure device. A pure device does not save the current state (during state changes), which often improves performance; this device also requires hardware vertex processing. A pure device is typically used when development and debugging are completed, and you want to achieve the best performance.

One drawback of a pure device is that it does not support all Get* API calls; this means you can not use a pure device to query the pipeline state.