Sign in to follow this  
ludacris

smoothing fonts with wglUseFontOutlines

hello all I'm havig troubles with the wglUseFontOutlines api function. when i pass WGL_FONT_LINES to it and i use glenable(line_smooth) the text appears antialiased, BUT the letters are hollow. I tried maping a texture over the text, but the result was that the outline of the font become textured and the letters remain hollow. how i could fill them up ? help please wglUseFontOutlines( h_dc, 0, 255, FontDl, 0, 0, WGL_FONT_LINES , // NOT WGL_FONT_POLYGONS - they are not smooth @gmf); the result Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

glEnable(GL_POLYGON_SMOOTH) doesnt work at all, but glEnable (GL_LINE_SMOOTH) and glEnable (GL_BLEND) and glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA) enables line smoothing.

this is the result with line smoothing enabled and WGL_FONT_LINES, it is antialiased, but the letters are hollow.

what colud be done to fill the hollow letters withouth loosing the antialias effect ?

this is the result with WGL_FONT_POLYGONS , it is not smooth although i use glEnable(GL_POLYGON_SMOOTH)