• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zachsilvey

OpenGL Super Noob Question

This topic is 3824 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am just beginning my quest to learn opengl. I need help on my first step. Where do I get the opengl sdk for os x. and after i obtain it where do i put it.

Advertisement
I'm not familiar with OS X, but from this it looks like you don't need to download anything. Just follow the steps there and you should be good to go.

Also, in cases like these remember that Google is your friend. [google]

believe me i've been googleing for hours on this topic. The problem with that post is that project builder no longer exists. and also wouldn't i need to obtain the glut.framework

believe me i've been googleing for hours on this topic. The problem with that post is that project builder no longer exists. and also wouldn't i need to obtain the glut.framework

Quote:

Original post by zachsilvey
The problem with that post is that project builder no longer exists. and also wouldn't i need to obtain the glut.framework

Ok, I didn't know that. Maybe this will help you then (I also looked for info on glut and it seems like it is included with XCode).

Do it through SDL. SDL will allow you to handle input easily, among other things.

OpenGL libraries are already installed for you by default. Add it to your project viaThis method. (its an old article, project builder is now called xcode.)

To install SDL I recommend This

To get an OpenGL context working, I recommend This.

KK?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!