• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Corbier

Unity uCalc Language Builder

This topic is 3877 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have developed a scripting engine, which I believe will be of interest to the gaming community. There are already many scripting languages out there. But imagine being able to have your very own scripting language with just the syntax you need for your particular gaming idea. Rather than accommodating yourself to the peculiarities of a pre-existing scripting language, your language would be accommodated to your exact requirements. Whenever you want to change details of how the language should work, you wouldn't have to wait (possibly in vain) for the developers of the language to modify it. You could easily modify the language yourself. uCalc LB is ideal for hooking up with API DLLs. Hopefully gamers will try it with things like OpenGL, DirectX (Direct3D, DirectDraw, etc), and the like. If this sounds like the kind of tool you can use, then there's no need to imagine any longer. A fully functional edition of uCalc Language Builder, www.ucalc.com/langbuilder.html , is here today and can be downloaded. Sample languages, such as BASIC, Forth, Lisp, etc, are included to get you started, but you can create your own once you get the hang of it. It also includes full documentation, an interpreter, and an interactive tutorial. Though it is still under beta, it is fully functional already. Now is an excellent time for users in the gaming community to give some feedback to help direct the course of this product. I'd love to hear from users, and I'll be checking this forum, as well as my e-mail. Daniel Corbier www.ucalc.com

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!