Help setting up some engines

Started by
2 comments, last by phear- 16 years, 3 months ago
Well I am fairly new at making games and I know how to create 3d and 2d games. But the problem is that I am use to making games with the game engine already set up and ready to go if you know what I mean. I did some research on some free game engines and found four that interest me they are Ogre, Crystall Space, J monkey engine, and the Nebula Device. The only problem I am having is how to set the game engines up I tried to follow the tutorial to setting them up and was having no success at all. I do know I need a compiler for the engines and I have one already . All I just need to know is getting the game engines to work and find the other type of programs that they request me to get for free.
Advertisement
Try to be more specific please. If your saying that you cant get them to compile then that means that you probably didnt link ur compiler to the libraries that the engine requires or that you dont have them in the first place.
Sorry busy day for me but I guess ill try what you said.
Do you mean you know how to create 2d and 3d games using game making applications and your now moving on to things like OGRE, Crystal Space, etc? You're going to need to learn C++ if so.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement