Sign in to follow this  
aruna gottimukkala

zip decompression with J2me

Hi All, I am developing a mobile application in J2ME using CLDC API for Qtek PDA. My application has to download a zip file from our server and unzip in specified location (for eg: MyDocuments/content/). I googled it and could not able to find any third party utility which does the unzip. Could you please help me, If Sun provides or uses any third party tools for unzip with CLDC profile. Thanks, Aruna.G

I know J2SE has java.util.zip and java.util.jar, but I have no idea about J2ME so the only thing I can think of is as follows.

There is a complete reimplementation of Zlib in pure Java called JZlib, and since Zlib implements the deflate algorithm you could easily use it to decompress Zip files. The Zip format is relatively simple, especially if your not using any of the encryption. You can find the format specification for Zip on Wotsit.org.

Hope that helps.

[Edited by - prh99 on January 3, 2008 8:00:13 PM]

Hi
First of all thank you very much for your replies. I am using qtek 9100 , It supports only CLDC 1.0 and I dont think it will support Basis profile.
prh99, I downloaded the specification for zip from the url u posted I will go through it.
After working with it. I will come to you again.
Thanks,
Aruna.G