sharp corners

Started by
1 comment, last by Gagyi 16 years, 3 months ago
FPS Game. i use closest point for all my lines in my polygon (lots of connected lines A-B points) when my sphere has a distance smaller than <= 2.5f (radius) there is a hit. when there is a hit i take the unit-vector from a-b and start sliding(setting new direction vector for player), forward or backward depending on the angle against the wall depending on my position-view vector. My problem: When hitting a sharp corner in my polygon i cannot deside which way to slide, if the sphere is to close to the corner when i start sliding i end up to close to the wall. and when i slide and approach another wall i automatically start sliding against that wall. when i start sliding i must be sure to slide out from the wall allthe way so the sphere is "free" at least >= 2.5f from the closest distance on that sliding wall. The problem with sliding walls seems to never end. The closest point on the polygon lines is working so now i need a good approach for solving sharp corners and when i start sliding i need to know how to slide clear out of the current "slide-wall". help needed!
Advertisement
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!

My collision-system works!!!!

concave, convex, polygon small, polygon big ALL WORKS!!!!!

IM GONA PLAY ALL NIGHT WITH MY GAME, SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAA!
Note: Please, use Verlet Integration, people, sliding is sooo really easy with it.
-----------------------------------"After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the other 90%." - Michael Abrashstickman.hu <=my game (please tell me your opinion about it)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement