Mono Resource Files do not work on Win

Started by
1 comment, last by madRenEGadE 16 years, 3 months ago
Hello, I have the following problem. When I create resource files with for localization on linux all works fine but on windows I get an exception saying that it cannot find the resource file. Do you know how to solve this? thx in advance
Advertisement
You've not provided much information to go on, but here's a couple of ideas.

To work out why any program couldn't find a file the simplest option is probably to use the Sysinternals Process Monitor to work out where it was looking for the file. You could then move the file to where it should be, or fix the code so it looks in the right place.

Also note that file open / save dialogs can modify the current working directory under Windows, so make sure you specify the full path to the file if need be (obviously this should be based off the path to the exe that comes in on the command line, and not hardcoded).
I cannot modify the place where the app looks for this file because this is predefined by .net.
For every language a subfolder is created where the resource dll lies.
The I use the System.Resources.ResourceManager to access this resources and with mono all works fine but on windows I get the exception that says I should make sure that I linked the resource correctly. (This occurs when it does not found the dll)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement