Game Intro/Logo

Started by
4 comments, last by RazeDev 16 years, 3 months ago
Hi, Does anybody have a sample of how to a game intro like Activision does with the spinning fonts or even a Ubisoft intro. I have been trying for a few days to work it out, I have the fonts up and running but I am having alot of trouble with the timing and all. The only way I can do it is one letter at a time but it is still not good. Thanks Steve
Advertisement
I'm pretty sure the Activision logo is a prerendered movie, most publisher / developer bumpers are.
Logo splash screens are typically pre-rendered movies played back with some video player API (Bink is common, but non-free).

You can of course do them "manually," but you will need to be more specific in terms of what you've tried and what has failed, et cetera.
Ahh

I didn't know that was called a bumper.

It's not actually that I failed it's just that
I have been messing around with it for too long
and I was doing one letter at a time.

I thought I would ask so I could see if anyone
had an easier way of doing it.

Do the motion in a 3D animation program, capture the movie somehow and render the frames with texture rendering (PBO, FBO, etc.) - ie. make a little movie.
Otherwise you could export the polygons/textures/bones and whatnot from the program via a custom exporter (or some common file format) and render the whole thing by yourself.
IMO you're better off creating a movie and then displaying it in your game using some kind of API. That's what most companies do I think.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement