• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DroxXodia

C# and C++ output streams

This topic is 3824 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So I am writing an application in C# which creates another process that is a C++ or C program. It is an interactive C program that asks the user for input and all that. What the problem is is that the C program is not releasing or flushing its output stream, and I need to take that output and put it into a C# textbox in the other application in real time. I can get the output when the C program terminates but that does me no good. I have searched the web far and wide but nothing works. I have tried setting up delegates and events and multi threading the C# stuff but it always halts when trying to read the output from the C app. I even created a test C app that I flushed and didn't flush the output and it confirmed what I thought. The problem is I do not have the source code to this C app and therefor can not change it. Is there anything I can do, or am I out of luck? Drox

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!