Sign in to follow this  
BlindGnome

Knowledge Source

One of my concept artists pointed me to this site the other day, ensuring that it had a vast database of worldy knowledge. For those that are game designers and are creating their own worlds. I highly recommend you reading through this website. It talks about time and space theories, future events and how religion might be. A Game Designers toybox. http://www.humanknowledge.net/Thoughts/Thoughts.html Any feedback on the post would be great, hope you guys love it :) It's definately going to help me piece together the world im creating.

I've only just read the outline, and it seems like an interesting read. Will post more when I've had the time to actually go through some of the content. But such reading is usually worthwile, so I'll just give it a thumbs up right away.

Bookmarked.

I'd be careful about trusting that site, it's pretty clearly a vehicle for a peculiar right-wing ideology.

Wikipedia is probably a better source for reading about all of those subjects because its contents are the product of ongoing debates that at least attempt to have a neutral point of view.

From what I can tell in the reading it takes many different theories and first defines them, then gives an opinion or theory on itself of what things might be like in the future and whether they're true or not.

I'm using it simply to spark ideas to the mind, I use wikipedia, articles from here, articles from gamasutra.com, etc to do the same thing.

I think it's a great resource that can be read and let the imagination run wild, or to develop your own questions to their questions. Sparking internal debate among ones self I think is quite helpful just for a general knowledge perspective.

Either way, thanks for the feedback!

"Nuclear terrorism against Washington D.C. or New York City could kill more than a million and set back human progress by up to a decade."

Ok...

He's a bit in love with aliens that writer, otherwise he's ok. Far better at describing the present than guessing about the sociopolitical imo. He is clearly american and while i am sure he consider himself have a very deep understanding of globalization, he is unaware of how the world revolves in other places on earth. I suspect it is marginalized in his mind as something that will soon be consumbed by the better living standards offered by economic development and not really explored. Also he has not learned the lesson of japan, his guesses implies that nations that now are behind on the development curve are going to stay that way. For example, there is a very slim chance that a world currency based on the american dollar will be the obvious choice 2100, especially as oil don't hold up it's value then.

/rc