[web] Where can I go to learn the basics of PHP?

Started by
6 comments, last by mounty0 16 years, 3 months ago
Hey everyone! I have experience with C++ and usually worked on small games and such. But I just got a job working on web development by a friend and he said I'll pick up PHP easily. So I'm just looking for a website or anything that will run me through the basics.
Advertisement
W3 Schools
The PHP manual. It's one of the best documentations out there. Especially the user comments are a gold mine.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

i learned through

tizag.com
Quote:Original post by Thoover
i learned through

tizag.com

Judging from your other post, that's not a very good place to learn.
Quote:Original post by Sander
The PHP manual. It's one of the best documentations out there. Especially the user comments are a gold mine.

Seconded. If you're new to server side scripting, you want to walk through a couple of tutorials, but the PHP reference is well organized and the comments are extremely useful for examples and information about the quirks in the language.
Quote:Original post by tstrimp
Quote:Original post by Thoover
i learned through

tizag.com

Judging from your other post, that's not a very good place to learn.

its a good site, it is in detail, this was the first time i had any truble with php, and ive been using for 2 1/2 years, i just never needed cookies and session before and its detail on that is a little shy of detail...

this is where i learned all my web programming (but html, i learned that by 'view source' on FF =])
I've also been learning PHP recently, the Hudzilla wiki is a good resource to get started with the language :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement