Sign in to follow this  
phear-

IOCP

I read through the Forum FAQ and I got acquainted with winsock quite well. I read a few websites discussing IOCP and how it runs at the kernel level, and it is great for game servers. My question is, does anybody have any good online tutorials or possibly hard copy books going over IOCP? I also read that when you get into more detailed network programming a good network architecture is needed. I would also appreciate any links for tutorials or guides describing overall network architectures. Thanks for your time, phear-

IIRC, the MSDN has a reasonably good description of the use of IOCP. Personally, I would recommend using ASIO, which delegates to IOCP under Windows and provides a much nicer interface for high-performance networking.

BTW, I wouldn't use IOCP unless I was writing a MMO server designed to service at least hundreds of simultaneous connections.

I'm not quite writing a full MMO but I am writing the networking code for one, as a test. I appreciate the link to ASIO and I will be checking it out. I also checked out the MSDN page for IOCP and it honestly did not give a clear explanation of all the different aspects of it. Thanks though :)