Sign in to follow this  
BenjaminFalk

Hybertrofy Project - Web based RTS

Greetings Readers, My friends and I are putting together a web based multiplayer RTS, which we hope to eventually release to the open-source community once it has a solid back end to it. Development has just started and subscribers to our blog are welcome and needed! http://www.hybertrofy.com/blog/ No advertising, just welcome readers and creative feedback are all we are looking for. There isn't a great amount of info into the game yet; however, the end-vision is a very flexible web based mulitiplayer, mutligame-session, RTS with a flexible creation of new factions, structures, units, etc. Thanks for any and all feedback on our project!

We hope to leave the front-end of the system open to a host of web-based technologies. As far as socket-based, we are striving to keep it all port 80 web-reply based. Where the front-end and the back-end talk to each other via POST and XML data replies. Of course this means it cannot be true 'real-time', but we hope to create the illusion of it with some groundwork on the idea that the front-end does intelligent work for where and what should be happening between update periods.

Thanks for the questions =)

They are really helping me put together a cover and an "About" for the project

Sign in to follow this