• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
John_Idol

DXUT: Can't run executable outside solution folders.

This topic is 3918 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All, I am a DirectX newbie, so go easy on me. I developed a sort of 3D Viewer with the DXUT framework. There is a minor memory leak I am trying to track down but it's not so easy. Anyway the problem is the following: I build the solution in release then I go to my release folder to get the executable. If I run it in there it works fine. It I take it out of that directory it doesn't work throwing the error dialog "D3D Device has non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released". Then I get another dialog with "Could not find required media. Ensure that the DirectX SDK in correctly installed" -Obviuosly it is- then it shuts down. How do I get it working outside the solution folders? Any help would be much appreciated. JI

Advertisement
Ok Guys,

bug me. I was not distributing the Media folder with the DXUT dds and stuff...

Now it works, the only thing left is to track down that damned memory leak.

Cheers,

JI

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!