Sign in to follow this  

Multi-Layer Depth Peeling Question

This topic is 3632 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Dear All, I'm trying to implement depth peeling in my application. I'd like to implement the multi-layer method mentioned here(http://research.microsoft.com/research/pubs/view.aspx?tr_id=1125), but I'm having difficulty understand parts of the algorithm. My first question related to regular depth peeling. I understand that you keep comparing depth fragments iterativly till you get the final layer. Unfortuantly, I dont understand how one is supposed to use this to render the final image. I also dont understand in the multi-layer method how one is supposed to use the resultant multiple render targets to render the image. Can someone point me in the right direction? Regards, Jesse

Nvm, apparently I missed the last page of the print out of the original article. Apparently you blend all the layers together. This makes sense, sorry to waste forum space.

This topic is 3632 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.