Sign in to follow this  

SDL images

This topic is 3629 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been trying to replace an image for a sprite in a game I'm making with a death sprite. I've been able to place the sprite on top of the image, but I can't make the image disappear. I've tried placing a delay in my show() function, but all that does is lag my computer down, and doesn't replace the image. I've been using a separate function to blit the death sprite, if that is relevant.

It's hard to say what's wrong without looking but if the death sprite is plotted by another function that may be wrong. Usually there are "states" involved with a plotting function and either an array or switch/case statement or if/else sequence that tells what state the character is in and plots the graphics appropriately.

If you'd like a better explanation, you'll have to post portions of your code here with source tags as the FAQ for the forums indicate.

This topic is 3629 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.