• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RiBi

RibiCPU

This topic is 3914 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I have always wanted to make a program that would be capable of detecting the basic information about my computer. However, the task proved to be rather time consuming, so I decided to make just a simple CPU detector. I called it nice and egoisticaly - RibiCPU. My main inspiration was the well-known CPU-Z. RibiCPU is still nowhere near its level, but it is slowly getting there. It is a small command line program that creates a ribiCPU.txt file in which CPU data is stored. In its current state, it should be able to detect all Intel and AMD based CPUs from P5/K5 up to Core 2 Quad Yorkfield/Athlon 64 X2 (support for Phenom is yet to come). But to make sure everything works as it should I require your assistance. I would like you to run the program and let me know about the results it generated. After I get rid of its drawbacks I would like to improve it in several ways (nice looking GUI, voltage and FSB speed detection etc.), but that really depends on the help you provide. ribiCPU.exe Known issues: - cannot properly detect cache sizes on NetBurst processors - the clock speed is sometimes detected wrong Thank you in advance! [Edited by - RiBi on January 6, 2008 1:17:48 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!