RibiCPU

Started by
-1 comments, last by RiBi 16 years, 3 months ago
Hi! I have always wanted to make a program that would be capable of detecting the basic information about my computer. However, the task proved to be rather time consuming, so I decided to make just a simple CPU detector. I called it nice and egoisticaly - RibiCPU. My main inspiration was the well-known CPU-Z. RibiCPU is still nowhere near its level, but it is slowly getting there. It is a small command line program that creates a ribiCPU.txt file in which CPU data is stored. In its current state, it should be able to detect all Intel and AMD based CPUs from P5/K5 up to Core 2 Quad Yorkfield/Athlon 64 X2 (support for Phenom is yet to come). But to make sure everything works as it should I require your assistance. I would like you to run the program and let me know about the results it generated. After I get rid of its drawbacks I would like to improve it in several ways (nice looking GUI, voltage and FSB speed detection etc.), but that really depends on the help you provide. ribiCPU.exe Known issues: - cannot properly detect cache sizes on NetBurst processors - the clock speed is sometimes detected wrong Thank you in advance! [Edited by - RiBi on January 6, 2008 1:17:48 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement