Sign in to follow this  

Are there any good places to hook up with beginners?

This topic is 3629 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My biggest problem with programming is finding projects to work on. I'm wanting to tackle small projects like old Atari, Nes, or Snes-style. I've been learning C# a long time but I can't seem to FIND anybody that is interested in making a small-scale game for learning experience. Everywhere I look, someone wants to make "Halo X" or "The Most Advanced MMORPG ever", Is there a community of some sort for people like me, that just want to finish small games and work our way up to learning the more advanced stuff?

Quote:
Original post by Cgr
My biggest problem with programming is finding projects to work on.

I'm wanting to tackle small projects like old Atari, Nes, or Snes-style. I've been learning C# a long time but I can't seem to FIND anybody that is interested in making a small-scale game for learning experience.

Such games are within the reach of a single programmer. Working in a team where none of the members have much experience would likely slow you down.

Quote:
Original post by rip-off
Such games are within the reach of a single programmer. Working in a team where none of the members have much experience would likely slow you down.

I agree, the projects would take considerably longer... but I've never had any team experience, and I'd like to know how other programmers do their job. I have no one or nothing to compare my skills to, and I learn quite a bit from working with other people-- always have.

This topic is 3629 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.