Are there any good places to hook up with beginners?

Started by
2 comments, last by MassacrerAL 16 years, 3 months ago
My biggest problem with programming is finding projects to work on. I'm wanting to tackle small projects like old Atari, Nes, or Snes-style. I've been learning C# a long time but I can't seem to FIND anybody that is interested in making a small-scale game for learning experience. Everywhere I look, someone wants to make "Halo X" or "The Most Advanced MMORPG ever", Is there a community of some sort for people like me, that just want to finish small games and work our way up to learning the more advanced stuff?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Cgr
My biggest problem with programming is finding projects to work on.

I'm wanting to tackle small projects like old Atari, Nes, or Snes-style. I've been learning C# a long time but I can't seem to FIND anybody that is interested in making a small-scale game for learning experience.

Such games are within the reach of a single programmer. Working in a team where none of the members have much experience would likely slow you down.
Quote:Original post by rip-off
Such games are within the reach of a single programmer. Working in a team where none of the members have much experience would likely slow you down.

I agree, the projects would take considerably longer... but I've never had any team experience, and I'd like to know how other programmers do their job. I have no one or nothing to compare my skills to, and I learn quite a bit from working with other people-- always have.
well c# programming alone isn`t enough to create a game. or even a part of a game. you need to learn about game mechanics, so you can be any good in some team.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement