• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ekosha

OpenGL texturing 3D

This topic is 3938 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hay All, I am new to the 3D world in Opengl and I am really confused of how things work with texturing and 3D, I am trying to model a radio for my project : something with a volume knob a slider and buttons and a cassette tape compartment My idea is that I can use shapes like cylinders, cubes, pyramids to model the radio Of course all of which should be textured as well as possible to animate, My question is , Should I use the glutSolid..Shapes to model my radio and if so how should I texture them knowing that the teapot is the only shape that has texture coordinates, should I try to draw the objects myself using 3D vertices to bind them to textures and if so is there a reference to help me out ? Is there a Library that I can use to make my life easier that draws texturizable 3D models ? Thanks a lot for reading through and for ur help :)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!