Trouble with a bloom filter?

Started by
0 comments, last by mewse 16 years, 3 months ago
Hi, everyone.. I'm doing a pretty standard HDR-style bloom filter, based on Philip Rideout's OpenGL Bloom tutorial (brightness filter, gaussian blur, add back over the original), and am getting what appears to me to be a rather odd result, with evenly-spaced circles of glow along the solid lines.. broken bloom The whole scene (of which this is just a small, representative part) is being rendered at 1024x640, into the top portion of a texture that's actually 1024x1024 in memory. In this screenshot, the smaller textures used for creating the Gaussian blur were 256x256, 128x128, 64x64, and 32x32, but I get a very similar result with those buffers starting at 512x512 or even the full 1024x1024. Is this sort of artifacting to be expected from extremely high-contrast inputs to the shaders? Or am I likely to just be making a silly mistake somewhere? (This is all implemented in GLSL, but there's nothing particularly OpenGL-specific in terms of the operations I'm doing..)
Advertisement
Figured it out. The key problem was that one of my offscreen buffers was set as 'GL_NEAREST' instead of 'GL_LINEAR' during the downsampling. D'oh!

Bloom fixed!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement