Sign in to follow this  

Hello, noob here...

This topic is 3634 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, I didn't know where to start. My student advisor sent me to this site so that I could increase my networking and perhaps get some practice in game development. Introductions: I have one year at Westwood College Online and I have taken the courses for intro/Intermediate programming which was for C++ and Advanced programming which was more of an intor to C#. I will be getting my first actual Game development classes this term and Since completing my C# class I have started to make a GUI for a Dungeons and Dragons based game that I would like to have for practice and for myself. I don't intend to market it or anything just for my friends and I to play with. Anyways, My purpose for this post: I have been creating the GUI and I was wondering how do you create an event for a button that when the user selects it they are sent to another form? And also, How do you create an event for a button that when the user selects it they are shown another form that they can select items from but still have the original form still running in the background? Does this make any since? I know this is fundamental stuff that I should know already but I barely passed by in the C# class and I missed this concept. Thanks in advance.

Try creating extra buffers over the frontbuffer while keeping the frontbuffer running when the player presses the button. then u can draw or do whatever on the new buffers while keeping the others running. Just make sure not to run too many or your program will slow down dramatically.

This topic is 3634 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.