Sign in to follow this  

C++ friendly GLUT alternative

This topic is 3632 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm looking for a new OpenGL Utility library after I discovered freeglut isn't very OO friendly (I know there are workarounds, but I'd rather use a different library). It has to be cross-platform, written for c++ and have good documentation (and preferably tutorials). Text rendering would be great. Image loading is optional (I'm already using DevIL). So far GLT and NGL look like the best contenders. NGL looks excellent, but it needs a version of freetype between 2.1.4 and less than 2.1.8. I have a higher version than this installed (on Ubuntu), and I'd imaging that changing versions is near impossible, since there is only the one package and installing a different version would disrupt dependencies. GLT looks pretty good, but I'd really like to move away from GLUT completely, as I've heard many people saying it is dated. Are there any other libraries that I could use? Is there a way to get NGL to compile with freetype 2.3.5? I might end up doing my own fonts and using NGL for eveything else. Thanks! EDIT: Moderator may want to move this to alternate game libraries. [Edited by - genericguy on January 6, 2008 3:31:37 AM]

This topic is 3632 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.