Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2

Started by
6 comments, last by SsjAngelous 16 years, 3 months ago
Hey guys sorry if i have posted this in the incorrect place, it just seemed to be the most logical, but i have a problem with my VS 2008 Beta 2, its the Professional Edition that i recieved free with a copy of Develop Magazine (incase that helps anyone) but the issue i am having is that my intellisense is not updating so anything i write i have to do manually (which being as lazy as i am is not good). I have tried looking about all the options and everything to see if there is anything about it, but either i'm blind and cannot see something right infront of my eyes (probabily the case) or it isnt there and something else is causeing the issue. Anyone know how i get it to update the intellisense? p.s. i have saved my project and compiled it and all things like that and its still not updated.
Advertisement
Quote:... Beta 2 ...

It has that name for a reason.

Also, try deleting ncb file and rebuilding entire project.
Quote:Quote:
... Beta 2 ...

:O are you implying that Microsoft could possibly take something that was working "perfectly" fine in many pervious versions and bugger it up in a newer version :O lol

Quote:Also, try deleting ncb file and rebuilding entire project.

Cheers for that it appears to have worked, i might have to do it each time for it to update, but i havnt quite checked that out yet, but again, thanks :)
Also, the RTM to 2008 has been out for a while now. I think the Beta's have an expiry anyway, so...
yeah they have an expiry on them, this one is in 46 days afaik. Not to worry i will just get the Express version when it runs out, i only use it for doing uni work.

Thanks guys
Delete that version and get it online. Mine works just fine, and I downloaded it yesterday. I went to Microsoft Across America MSDN developers conference 4 months ago and got Developer CD, and my Developer News Updater wouldn't work probably, but I was like (I can't get new about Microsoft and Microsoft can't find an internet connection through my PC) I don't care I want it that way.

But then I later received a new laptop and had to reinstall everything, so I downloaded and installed the Visual Studio 08 Beta 2 ISO on their site and installed everything and as for now it all works fine.

Good Luck!
Quote:Original post by SsjAngelous
Quote:Quote:
... Beta 2 ...

:O are you implying that Microsoft could possibly take something that was working "perfectly" fine in many pervious versions and bugger it up in a newer version :O lol

I'm sorry, which particular "earlier version" of VS2k8 worked fine?

Yes, they have previously released VS2k5, 2k3 and so on, but those were different products.
The entire point in releasing 2k8 was to make changes compared to previous products.

And that is why they release a beta. Because some of these changes didn't yet work well enough to release the product commercially.

So yeah, upgrade to the non-beta version. Intellisense still sucks though, just like it did in 2k5, so this may not fix your problem. It's guaranteed to fix a few others though.
Quote:I'm sorry, which particular "earlier version" of VS2k8 worked fine?

Yes, they have previously released VS2k5, 2k3 and so on, but those were different products.
The entire point in releasing 2k8 was to make changes compared to previous products.

:) sarcasm doesnt really come accross too well on a forum lol :) i was just joking. i had the express version of 2k5 and the intellisense worked fine, in all honesty there is probabily nothing even wrong with the intellisense on the Beta version of 2008 that i have, just me being a bit slow :)

intellisense does suck though you're right, but for the lazy people who cannot be bothered to type out loads of things that have been typed before :) or look through a class cause that they cant remember what functions they have created ¬_¬ like me, then its a nice little feature.

As for using the term "version" i'll be sure to make sure i use correct terminology from now on, if it will make things easier for people to get what i am on about.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement