Sign in to follow this  

POLL: What do you develop on? And what language?

This topic is 3633 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I work on debian, with a combination of make, ncftp and emacs as my IDE.

My primary development tasks (the ones I get paid for) are done in PHP and Caml Light. My secondary (personal) development tasks happen in Objective Caml, C++ and (to a lesser extent) Java.

I work on Windows (XP,2003,Vista), Unix (Ubuntu,Fedora,OpenSolaris,OpenBSD,ArchLinux) using a lot of languages( Like Python, Visual Basic.NET, C#, C, C++, dialects of SQL, TorqueScript, Lua, javascript, ActionScript)

It all really depends on what my current project is that determines what platform(s) and language(s) I use

Professionally; developing in Java and Flash, under Linux/Windows, making an application targetted for Windows.

Personally; developing in C, Lua, C++, and Java (in decreasing order of frequency) under Linux, making various stuff targetted for Linux and Windows.

Windows XP, and I code in whatever it takes to get the project done.

Includes:
- C++ (with DirectX or OpenGL, been using GL less and less recently, though)
- Processing (Java framework) for prototyping arcade and web games
- Python for prototyping "storytelling" concepts
- C# for tools
- Just recently got into XNA (C#)

At work: C++ on VS.Net 2005, targetting embedded hardware.
At home: C++ on VS.Net 2005, using DX and a bunch of other third-party libraries targetting Windows.

work: centos 4.0, mcedit, php, visual studio 2005, windows xp, iexplore, firefox, opera, safari (yes, web devel + c# devel)
home: debian 4.0 sarge, mcedit, c (gcc), vmware, win2k, visual studio 2005, c++/C#

hardware at work: amd athlon xp 2200+, geforce mx4400, 1gb ram
hardware at home: amd athlon xp 2200+, geforce fx 5200, 1gb ram

boy, i'm deprecated.....

I'm currently on Ubuntu using (and learning) OCaml to create a scripting language. I'll switch to NekoML if I can find any docs, since Neko will be my target VM.

I also often use C# (Visual Studio, possibly MonoDevelop soon) and Java (NetBeans), but that's not as fun.

I'm working on Windows XP. For my current projects, I use haXe and Python extensively, for school I mainly use C# these days. Language and IDE depend on the task, though.

This topic is 3633 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.