• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nalidixic

POLL: What do you develop on? And what language?

This topic is 3936 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
I work on debian, with a combination of make, ncftp and emacs as my IDE.

My primary development tasks (the ones I get paid for) are done in PHP and Caml Light. My secondary (personal) development tasks happen in Objective Caml, C++ and (to a lesser extent) Java.

Windows XP, with Lua/C++, preferably Lua.

For some small tasks, Ruby. For small web things, hack them together with PHP.

I use Linux too.

I work on Windows (XP,2003,Vista), Unix (Ubuntu,Fedora,OpenSolaris,OpenBSD,ArchLinux) using a lot of languages( Like Python, Visual Basic.NET, C#, C, C++, dialects of SQL, TorqueScript, Lua, javascript, ActionScript)

It all really depends on what my current project is that determines what platform(s) and language(s) I use

Professionally; developing in Java and Flash, under Linux/Windows, making an application targetted for Windows.

Personally; developing in C, Lua, C++, and Java (in decreasing order of frequency) under Linux, making various stuff targetted for Linux and Windows.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!