Gorgon (BETA) released.

Started by
5 comments, last by Tape_Worm 16 years, 3 months ago
Yes, after many years I've finally finished something. Gorgon is a 2D graphics library for .NET and DirectX 9 (through SlimDX). It has sprites, text sprites (i.e. labels), fonts, shader support, file systems, editors, and so on... So please give it a try sometime, and email me if there's a bug or suggestion (please don't be sarcastic or rude and please refrain from coding style comments or I'll find you and hurt you). You can download it here. The support email for Gorgon is located on that site as well.
Advertisement
Include some screenshots and demos here, that way you'll probably get more attention. :)
Sincerely,Arto RuotsalainenDawn Bringer 3D - Tips & Tricks
I'm not sure how much attention I want. I fear the ridicule I'll receive once people start ripping my stuff apart. [grin]
He's got a couple of IOTD posts on it, including
this one just recently.

There's also a couple of videos up on youtube.
video1
video2
video3
[edit; damnit, cannot embed youtube videos]

Congrats on finishing the first version; looks really cool.

Allan
------------------------------ BOOMZAPTry our latest game, Jewels of Cleopatra
Quote:Original post by __ODIN__
He's got a couple of IOTD posts on it, including
this one just recently.

There's also a couple of videos up on youtube.
video1
video2
video3
[edit; damnit, cannot embed youtube videos]

Congrats on finishing the first version; looks really cool.

Allan

Thank you. And yeah, I wish we could embed videos. Can't even do it in the journals which is where it'd be most helpful.
Just get as much attention as you can, there is not ever enough feedback. :)
Sincerely,Arto RuotsalainenDawn Bringer 3D - Tips & Tricks
I've updated the installer to include both x64 and x86 binaries of Gorgon and its tools and give the option to choose between them. The installer will also install both x64/x86 solution and project files no matter what.

And as was suggested I've posted the precompiled examples on my website (on the downloads page, near the bottom).

Enjoy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement