Can I Create a Contest Here?

Started by
5 comments, last by coden4fun 16 years, 3 months ago
Hey, I'm going to be starting a video blog on my blog, and I wanted to see this being the only place that I could get anyone at all interested in the contest if I could make a contest making a 2d game giving exactly one week? I was going to restrict it to 2d game only any library can be used. It has to be posted as either email, my blog comment, or over here on a post by next week. It had to be a finished game "Whatever you call finish" not that I don't know what finish is, but if you can prove to me a game with 1 level, 1 enemy, a high point is a full game then by all means why not? And I wanted to see first, if I could make an official forum over here, if gamedev.net would even let me consider doing something like this, and how many people would be interested in doing this? If I've violated any rules I'm sorry... I'm just trying to make game development fun and not by myself. Thanks, p.s. If gamedev.net approves, and when I get anyone interested in this then I will start the contest with the full list of rules, and a more detailed summary of the contest! If you're interested leave a reply with name, email, IM if ya have it and I get back in touch with you and everyone else once I figure out how many people will be in the competition. Me Name: Stephen Manson IM: coden4fun@hotmail.com
Advertisement
cool how do I get started
Wait until everyone who would like to join put down their name, and contacts email or IM and I'll will get intouch with everyone with official rules, time to start, and deadline of submission soon as I get enough responses.

Thanks, :)
I'm all for contests; I ran one last year that was heaps of fun. Usually I see them posted in the Lounge. If it gets enough activity you can ask for it to be stickied for the duration of the contest.

I think contests go better if you've got some restrictions, or at least a theme. Just getting people to make a 2D game is really broad. At least have a secret element or theme that you announce to kick of the contest to get people working within the week.
Awesome, OK I'll post this in the lounge tomorrow.

Quote:Usually I see them posted in the Lounge.
Quote:Original post by coden4fun
Awesome, OK I'll post this in the lounge tomorrow.

I really doubt that was a suggestion. Unless the Lounge has improved tremendously since I was last there. :)

If you want to organize something good I'd have no problem stickying it here.

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

OK 23yearold I will have it here.

And sorry I haven't been getting in contact with everyone like I promised. I've been out of town, and I just recently (2 minutes ago) got back.

So I assume all who has replied are interested in the contest enough to join? 3 people will be great. I will be in the competition, but since I'm the judge I'm not even going to fathom putting an entry into the contest, but I'll play along.

OK, here are the contest rules

1. One week as soon as I get everyone started to make a game.
2. The game must be 2D (FINAL) mostly because my pc is a pos and I can't play much

3. you must implement, program whatever you call it light, creating light, light works, whatever you want to call it. If it's light in your game then it gets points. I'm judging on how well you can implement light in a 2d game.

OK, now this is what I'm judging

1. Following directions.
2. Presentation (How well is it presented) Is it cleaned up?
3. Creativity/Originality. I'm sure we could all make a break out game, or a pacman in a week, but let's be creative and do something different.

That is all!

Email me, or reply and as soon as I get everyone's attention I will give exactly a 1 day notice of when the competition will begin and when it will end.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement