Sign in to follow this  

[solved] Problem trying to compile a project, made in vs 2003, with vs 2008

This topic is 3627 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I just installed Visual Studio 2008 and it said it had converted my project files successfully but now I'm getting this linker error that won't let me compile it. I was using VS 2003 before and the code worked fine. POServer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "public: struct item_info const & __thiscall std::_Vector_const_iterator<struct item_info,class std::allocator<struct item_info> >::operator*(void)const " (??D?$_Vector_const_iterator@Uitem_info@@V?$allocator@Uitem_info@@@std@@@std@@QBEABUitem_info@@XZ)

// THE CODE THAT IS SUPPOSEDLY CAUSING THE ERROR

struct dmg_pack
{
	short min;
	short max;
};

struct item_effect
{
	short stat;
	short num;
};

struct item_info
{
	char name[20];
	char fullname[40];
	char type[20];
	dmg_pack damage;
	vector<item_effect> bonus;
	vector<item_effect> needs;

};

vector<item_info> itemDB;
vector<item_info>::iterator itemDBitr;

vector<item_effect>::iterator ITEMitr;

Thanks for your attention, Victor Freire [Edited by - Alpha Nox on January 8, 2008 1:28:19 PM]

This function is in a debug versions of CRT libraries.
_CrtDbgReport, _CrtDbgReportW
You need to check if it links to a correct version and select the proper debug runtime library.
Another possibility (in case if its broken only in Release mode):
May be there is a _DEBUG defined where it shouldn't be.

Ok, I solved the problem. I changed from Multi-threaded DLL to Multi-threaded Debug DLL then it compiled but started complaining that it couldn't find msvcp90d.dll when it should have installed it and put it in the proper place.

I searched the HD and found it three folders, copied from there and put it in project folder then after seeing that my program was working put in system32.

Thanks for helping,

Victor Freire

This topic is 3627 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.