Sign in to follow this  

Physics library for a quadrocopter

This topic is 3631 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, im trying to build a Simulator for a quadrocopter like those on http://www.mikrokopter.de/. It would be quite easy to use a rigid body library like ODE for this, but it might not be realistic enough. Would it be possible to use a aerodynamics library like http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/ for that? Or does it only work for standard aircraft? I have no experience with that. Thanks for your hints. cody

You can probably set one up in my R/C flight sim SSS just by creating an appropriate aircraft file. It supports building fairly arbitrary models by combining different components, including motors, propellers and control devices like gyros. I'm not actively developing it any more, but if you needed some little feature/parameterisation I could probably put it in. I could also set up a model file to get you started if you like (maybe PM me).

These things look like fun :) Do you have one?

Hey cool.
I figured out how to compile your program after some errors because of missing libraries.
Would be nice if you could add a quadrocopter model file.:)

I am building a quadcopter as a project at my university in a team. Its not based on mikrocopter, but it looks equal. A simulator would be cool to test the flight software without destroying it when a bug occurs. And of course its a nice toy.:)

So im still thinking about what would be the best way to achieve this. SSS would be a good option, as i wouldnt have to code everything on my own.

OK I'll try to put something together before the end of the weekend (I'm busy this week). If you want to look yourself I suggest looking at either the glider_wizard.dat or glider_heli.dat files (in the glider directory).

This topic is 3631 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.