Sign in to follow this  

Writing viewport or texture to jpeg without screenshot

This topic is 3628 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there I am writing to a texture, displaying it on the screen and then when I want to save it as an image I perform 16 different frustrums to zoom in so image tiles are produced in order to achieve the full resolution. The images are then stitched back together. Does any one know if there is a way of saving the texture to a jpeg without having to perform the 16 screenshots, like is there a way of writing a viewport directly to a jpeg image without displaying on the screen? Or even writing the texture in memory directly to a jpeg without producing a screenshot? Thanks for any help Tarik

If all you're interested in is rendering a huge image to a file, then look into some offscreen solution. Mesa provides an offscreen driver, OSMesa, for this kind of programs. It allows you to render an image directly into your own memory buffer, and as far as I know, there's no size limit on it either. Very good solution for offscreen rendering. Clicky for Mesa.

This topic is 3628 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.