DX 9 SDK version selection for dshow app

Started by
1 comment, last by mnl 16 years, 3 months ago
I've been using DX 8.1 SDK with VC++ 6 But in order to use VMR9, i installed DX 9 SDK 2007 Nov only to find out it doesn't include dshow , ddraw. I first tried with PSDK R2 but there still happened to occur compile errors with vmr9.h (syntax errors with ; or * whatever) Now i uninstalled PSDK and DX 9 SDK Nov 2007, I'm trying to get the old stuffs.. which has Dshow included inside. Which version should i use? I've got Summer 2003, summer 2004 and Dec 2005. I saw a thread here that Dec 2005 has directshow within, but i would like to confirm it. Truly be appreciated with help. Simon
Advertisement
DirectShow is now part of the Windows SDK, which you can download here. I'm not sure when DirectDraw was deprecated, but it was a very long time ago. Why exactly are you trying to use it, anyway? It no longer supports hardware acceleration so you're just as well off with a software graphics API, and for hardware 2D graphics the relevant functionality has been rolled into D3D.
This whole stuff is because of building a media renderer for use in a game engine. BTW, thx a lot.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement