• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Glitch

Help with an if/then problem

This topic is 3935 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, this is a preemptive question for a problem I was trying to psuedocode. I'm making a Megaman X game that will obviously be a fan-made game. I have a sprite sheet for X from X4 that contains all of his movements for his No Armor mode. The problem is that there are quite a few images that I have to use when he is firing the arm cannon while moving, dashing, sliding from a wall, etc. Every other frame contains an image of X with the light from the flash of his X-buster discharging. I can't figure out how to psudeocode this however. I am using SDL to create this game. I can basically figure out how to code the animations for the shots normally, but inserting the flashes is another story. Am I looking at this the wrong way?

Advertisement
From your description it sounds like the sprites for the cannon firing are interlaced with the normal sprites.

Wouldnt this just be a simple shifting of the index to go from one set to the other?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!