newbie looking for partners in crime.

Started by
7 comments, last by dolphins87 16 years, 3 months ago
I'm quite not quite new to programming, but i'm not that far into it yet. I'm totally new to game programming though. I'm in the process of learning Java and C#/C++. I'm working my way through a very thick book about programming and i can say i know most of the basics already. Anyway... I was wondering if there are any other people out there who are learning like I am and would be interested in making a small group and helping each other out along the way and then possibly working on making some games together. I'm a student and also work a bit, but i can make some free time every day to work on it. I'm very serious and dedicated to this and would like to find others who share the same passion. So people who are on the same level as me (still learning the basic language), contact me if you're interested and we can help each other out. e-mail me at m-egamedev(at)hotmail.com or PM.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
Advertisement
ive been coding for a long time (though not regularly or organized at all), but i just picked C++ up a month ago or so, and id love to code with we can organize it. =)
While you aren't exactly looking to start your own project, this post might still belong in the Help Wanted forum. That way at least if other newer programmers come upon your post while looking for teams to join, they could contact you there.

Best of luck!
I know, i know... But the biggest problem i have with the Help Wanted forum is that most of the real beginners don't come there. And besides that, I get the wrong crowd when i post it there.

So again: PEOPLE WITH 2D/GRAPHICAL GAME EXPERIENCE ARE NOT MY AIM! I'm looking for the "absolute" beginners.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
dropped you a line, check your email
You can count me in two.

I practically mirror your background with programming. although I have also used vb.net.
Hi there,

Well, I am a recent graduate of a B.S. in Computer Science. I've been through all the classes (Basic C++/Java, Data Structures, Operating Systems, amoung many others). I actually had my degree focus on a bioinformatics option ( molecular biology/genetics). I still don't consider myself a great programmer, despite having a 4-year degree (Although, I don't think many graduates would be arrogant enough to make such a statement, I always felt that programming was a struggle for me. I've become better over-time, but it's been a long, hard road).

I've always had a big interest in programming games, and I always suspected it would be a challenge. My studies have humbled me to realize how challenging it really is. Nonetheless, I still remain interested, and just started reading about DirectX this past week. I've done some of the projects at directxtutorials.com ,and it's been enlightening.

Anyway, I'm willing to express my newbieness and maybe we can help one another out if you're interested (or anyone else out there). If so, send me a PM. :)
Hi, I wouldnt mind joining your little gang i have experiance in vb.net and basic c++ and i would love to work with other people with the sam knowlege as me so you can count me in aswell... pm me plz
I'm in. I am a beginner like everyone else. I got two simple games under my belt a simple text based menu game and Tic-Tac-Toe. I understand the basic concepts but there are still things I dont know. And some things I dont know someone else might understand better etc.. But just contact me and let me know.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement