Sign in to follow this  

Getting a new graphics card

This topic is 3628 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, hope nobody minds me putting this here but I figured it's relevant. I'm hoping to do general purpose programming on the GPU, but need a new graphics card (I want a new card anyway). I'm hoping someone here can shed some light. I ideally want a card with two outputs so I can run dual monitors, and one that can support GPGPU. What do I need to look for? I'm really out of hte loop as far as hardware is concerned. Sorry again if this is the wrong section, but I figured the GPGPU element meant I should put it somewhere where people are more likley to know this phrase.

Hmmm, i think this topic would fit better in the hardware discussion forum. Anyways, have a look at this card. Uses the 65nm G92 chip so it runs cool. I got one for under 250 euros. It has 2 DVI outputs and is supported by CUDA and cg. Performs closely to the high-end 8800GTX. Really good buy imo :)

This topic is 3628 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.