Sign in to follow this  

dxstdafx.h and DXUT problems

This topic is 3631 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, Not sure this should be in here, but seeing as MS visual studio has recently been installed, guess it could qualify. anyway, I have just upgraded, i think, to vista, which meant a new installation of VS and DX SDK. I have began development on a new project and have incurred a problem with either dxstdafx.h or DXUT.h. not sure which, may even be both. The problem i had initially with the dxstdafx file was that it was stated to have not been included in the project, so i linked it to the project. This then produced a new error:
1>c:\program files\microsoft directx sdk (april 2007)\samples\c++\common\dxut.h(11) : fatal error C1189: #error :  "DXUT requires a Unicode build. See the nearby comments for details"
1>Build log was saved at "myLocation"
1>Games Development 1 - Assignment 1 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
after reading the comments provided and setting VS to unicode i am still getting this same error. does anyone know of a solution to get through this?

This topic is 3631 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.