• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
STEVIE G

Physics Game Demo

This topic is 3812 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm normally a lurker here but thought I'd try and get some feedback on my new 2d physics demo. It's currently just a sandbox to play around with things but you do win if your last team standing. Please see readme for controls. Any feedback, particularly the control system , very welcome. Cheers Stevie Screenies Vid 1 Vid 2
">Vid 3 Demo Videos http://www.steviegoodwin.plus.com/Videos/Movie_0009.wmv http://www.steviegoodwin.plus.com/Videos/Movie_0010.wmv
Demo http://www.steviegoodwin.plus.com/TD3.zip Edit : I tried posting links as per the FAQ but it doesn't work. How is it done? [Edited by - STEVIE G on January 10, 2008 11:55:50 AM]

Advertisement
You can use html syntax for links. I can't actually seem to write it here without generating a link(!) so look here

The videos/game look very cool, btw. Not tried the demo yet, but maybe later...

The game is great! But I had really hard time to get used to controls. Most irritating is that I need to click proper part of the body to be able to drag it...it's hard to control it and kick at the same time, maybe it would be good to toggle it by a key. Also, I was not able to kill any fish, how can I do it?:)

I used the FAQ and copied and pasted the html code on that link but all the links are broken and have a BR at the end for some reason!!

Ah well, if anyone wants to try it the orginal links are there.

Quote:

The game is great! But I had really hard time to get used to controls. Most irritating is that I need to click proper part of the body to be able to drag it...

Are you talking about the objects you grab?

Quote:

it's hard to control it and kick at the same time, maybe it would be good to toggle it by a key.

Nah ... no key toggling will be implemented. Practice makes perfect. I agree that it is quite tricky initially but once you get used to the combination of LM and RM you can swing around the level very well. This particular level will be one of the tougher ones so expect some easier progression when I throw together a new demo.

Quote:

Also, I was not able to kill any fish, how can I do it?:)

The fish are indestructable in the demo which would explain this ;)

Quote:
Original post by STEVIE G
Quote:

The game is great! But I had really hard time to get used to controls. Most irritating is that I need to click proper part of the body to be able to drag it...

Are you talking about the objects you grab?

No...I meant when you drag yourself, with a thin white line...it is hard to click the body fast sometimes.

Ah .. ok, I can make the grabbing radius's of the ragdoll bigger to help out with that.

Remember you only have a limited airtime in which you can drag your guy around like that. If he's in the air it runs out pretty quickly. In fact, this is probably what you're experiencing?

Stevie

Quote:

Remember you only have a limited airtime in which you can drag your guy around like that. If he's in the air it runs out pretty quickly. In fact, this is probably what you're experiencing?

Yes.

Why are you against keyboard controls? I think rotating the body using arrow keys left/right would be cool :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!